Campus Ministry Mission
As a Catholic high school of the Archdiocese of Omaha, Roncalli Catholic High School has among its goals to assist parents in the Spiritual Formation of our students. We are ultimately concerned with the development of the whole person (body, mind and soul).
The primary concern of the Pastoral/Campus Ministry Department is our souls, and our spiritual well being. The purpose then of Pastoral/Campus Ministry at Roncalli Catholic High School is to coordinate and guide the Christian formation of healthy, well-rounded, and spiritually grounded individuals who are preparing to be active members of their own faith communities.
Pastoral/Campus Ministry at Roncalli Catholic High School includes students, faculty/staff and families. The majority of the school’s ministry is focused toward our students, but significant energy is given to the formation of the faculty/staff and school families in the Christian life.
The goals of the Campus Ministry at Roncalli Catholic High School are:
- To provide opportunities for our students to encounter the love of the heart of Christ for them and teach them how to remain in that love (Jn. 15;4).
- To work with the administration and faculty here at Roncalli in order to provide formation, support, and to encourage them in their role as evangelizers.
- To assist parents in their roles as the primary teachers of their children in the ways of the faith and to include families in the spiritual formation of the school.
- To provide support to the administration as they work to create a school that provides an authentically Catholic atmosphere for our students to grow in spiritually and intellectually.
- To coordinate regular celebrations of the Eucharist during the school schedule as well as other prayer services and sacramental celebrations.
- To oversee the planning and execution of the annual retreats for all students.
- To encourage acts of Gospel services through the Christian Service Program.
Christian Service Hours
Roncalli Catholic High School students are required to complete a Christian Service Assessment each semester. The purpose of this is to help students develop the habit of serving those in need, in imitation of Christ. This is a graduation requirement. Please contact Mr. Tim Mueting at email@example.com for more information.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
The Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) are Catholic students who have been selected by the faculty, and approved by the campus ministry team for the distribution of Holy Communion at school Masses. To be an EMHC, a Student must be a practicing catholic in good standing, must have good moral character and exemplifies the teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Roncalli Catholic High School. The Student must be confirmed, and must be a junior or senior to attend the EMHC training and be mandated by the Archbishop of Omaha. For more information on how to become an EMHC please contact any member of the campus ministry team.